Thursday, April 10, 2008

New Staff at Guaruma...

GUARUMA STAFF


Victor Kondel
Victor has been with us since February 2008 and is a German volunteer from ICYE who has just joined Las Mangas GUARUMA as a Computer Instructor and Design Assistant.




"My name is Victor Kondel, I am 19 years old and a volunteer from Germany. I am doing this voluntary year as a substitute for the German Military Service. The first half of my year I spent in the capital Tegucigalpa, working in the office of my exchange organization. This past February I changed my project and moved from Tegucigalpa to La Ceiba. Here at Guaruma I am a technical assistant and my job is to teach children various computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Webdesign. I am living and working in the small community 'Las Mangas' and I am glad to be here for another 4 months"

Laura Knight
Laura Knight is a British volunteer also here with ICYE. She will be with us until January 2009 as a Computer Instructor and Graphic Design and Communications Assistant.





"Hi, my name is Laura and I am volunteering as the new Computer Instructor for GUARUMA in the small community of El Pital. So far I am really enjoying the challenge of teaching and learning Spanish up here, the community have made me feel very welcome and I feel very priveleged to be loving in such a beautiful part of the world."

Johanna Frank
Johanna Frank (19), came to GUARUMA La Ceiba as a Volunteer from AFS as coordinator assistant of ¨ Biodiversity Conservation Campaign Cangrejal¨. a communication media campaign for Television and radio.




No comments: